November 01, 2014

Halloween Brings All the Stinky Kids to the Door



I never open the door to strangers, not since I have been sick anyway.  I talk to people through the glass or more often than not - I just ignore the door. Halloween is the one time of year when I open the door to strangers. This year, I dressed up like a cowboy and wore an activated carbon mask under a handkerchief.  This worked quite well.  The children didn’t seem put off by it at all, but I guess at Halloween the unexpected is expected!


Kids are so stinky, which I find really really sad because they have no choice about the products that their parents bathe them with or what kind of laundry soap their parents wash their clothing in. Parents watch TV commercials like this and this, they believe these sorts of products are good and even safe.  After all, they wouldn’t sell it in the stores or put it on TV if it wasn’t safe, right?  WRONG. The chemical/fragrance industry is an incredibly powerful force in our society and as long as capitalism is the dominate economic model, profits before people will continue to be the status quo.

Sigh.


I was happy to see the little ones all dressed up in silly costumes and meet the parents in the neighbourhood.  What a fun time!







No comments:

Post a Comment